Friday, January 24, 2014

Breakfast Smoothie



  • 1 frozen banana, (peel and slice before freezing)
  • 1/2 cup frozen grapes of any color
  • 1/2 avocado (peeled and seeded)
  • 1 cup spinach, loosely packed
  • 1 cup kale, removes stem and discard, loosely packed
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1 1/2 cups chilled green tea, unsweetened (home brewed is best)
  • ice if needed
Add all ingredients to the blender, except ice, blend until smooth. Add ice for a thicker smoothie.

Recommend organic or homegrown spinach and kale. 

Want a quick breakfast that provides tons of nutrients, energy, protein and actually tastes good?  This smoothie is for you!  I have really taken smoothies under my wing in a pinch. When I need something that is chocked full of nutrients but doesn't require me to cook a full meal then this is my go to!  Smoothies are filling and really tasty!  You would be surprised that this combination is very sweet!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment