Saturday, February 1, 2014

Whole Grain Waffles

This is a perfect meal for busy folks, if you are constantly on the go, or need something quick to throw together before work. This is so good and doesn't even taste like you are eating something healthy.




Ingredients 

* Whole Grain Waffle Mix - I used Grandma Nunweiler's 
* 1 Cup Skim Milk
* 1 tbsp Oil - I use extra virgin 
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
* A Pinch Cinnamon (optional)


Instructions

  1. Preheat over to 425
  2. Mix waffle mix, milk, oil, eggs in a large bowl until combined
  3. Spray waffle mold with Pam cooking spray
  4. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of waffle mix into waffle mold
  5. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
  6. When cool to the touch, flip waffle mold onto a plate. Repeat with remaining mix



*I top mine with 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen berries.

I place 2 waffles per freezer bag. I used The Epicure Waffle Mold. I highly recommend. 

      -Enjoy!





No comments :

Post a Comment